First off Happy New Year folks, I hope you earned what you deserved in 2007 and deserve a load more in 2008. I don’t do New Year resolutions as I think if you want to change anything in your life change it now rather than waiting for the end of the year. That being said the start of a new year is certainly an appropriate time to update your business battle plan.
What I want you to do is write down your business goals for 2008. Goals should be based around income, sites, traffic etc. So to start off here are mine:
Goals for 2008
- Have 5 sites in the portfolio that consistently generate $1,000+ profit per month each
- Have my first $100,000 profit month
- Get a blog into the top 1,000 on Technorati (daft goal but this ones been bugging me for a while)
- Build an email list of 10,000+ willing members
- 100K feed subscribers
- Make more from affiliates than Adsense
- Get more than a card from Google :rollseyes:
Having goals is a great start but that’s all they are, a start, without a definite action plan so the next step is to write down what you’re going to do, here’s mine:
Action Plan for 2008
- Launch 3 new quality blogs
- Spend less time writing and more time building my business
- Start experimenting a lot more in PPC and affiliate marketing
- Re-invest all profits from the last two months into PPC (after experimentation and learning)
- Actually send newsletters out to subscribers
Next off print these out and stick them somewhere you’ll see everyday. I’m sure I’ll end up adding a few things to both of those lists but that will do for starters. So folks what are you goals and action plans?
I’m flying out to Vegas at the weekend to cover and network at the CES show, Scott’s second child is also due this month so it could be a bit ad hoc post wise again but we’ll do out best.
I’ll be doing my December income breakdown for CG on Thursday, so to make it a bit more interesting I’ll give away $100 to the reader that can put the various income streams in order (low to high). In alphabetical order I earned from the following sources:
- Affiliate Future
- Affiliate Window
- Blog Ads
- Click Bank
- Commision Junction
- Prank Place
- Tribal Fusion
If more than one member get the order right the prize goes to the who ever posted first, if nobody gets the order correct the $100 goes to charity. Good luck and have a fantastic 2008.